Abogado De Inmigración Staten Island logo

Abogado De Inmigración Staten Island

Call (917) 728-1775
Contact us today
for a consultation
  • Credit Cards
  • English

New York, New York immigration law firm

6400 Amboy Rd Suite 118, Staten Island NY, 10309

An immigrant is a foreign citizen who has been authorized to live and work permanently in the United States. If you want to become an immigrant because you have a permanent employment opportunity in the United States, or if you are an employer who wants to sponsor someone for permanent legal residence based on permanent employment in the United States, you must go through a multi-step process. First, foreign citizens and employees must determine if they are eligible for legal permanent residence under one of the labor immigration categories (see below). Second, most categories of employment require the US employer to complete a labor certification application (ETA form 9089) for the applicant, and submit it to the US Department of Labor (DOL) Employment and Training Administration. DOL must approve or deny the certification request. Qualified foreign physicians who are going to practice medicine in an area of the United States that has been certified as underserved by the US Department of Health and Human Services are exempt from this requirement. You may want to read more about this program.

Abogado De Inmigración Staten Island
New York, NY 10001
(917) 728-1775
Help & Feedback